Powerful Careers - Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
* diversity &
inclusion * talent
development * community service
/corporate responsibility * 9 employee
resource groups * Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice * CollegeGrad.com
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Adaptable * Challenge Status Quo * Communication Skills * Eager to Learn * Emotional Intelligence * Influential * Innovative * Leadership Traits * Problem Solver * Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
It's fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There's a lot of potential in the company, and I've experienced it firsthand.
- Alfonso Lopez, Engineer Trending
* Making the World a Safer Place
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
* Performance Recognition
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Educational Assistance
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Raytheon's DOMino contract is a single-award IDIQ with a $1.15 billion ceiling. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
The Database Engineering Intern provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. The Database Engineer works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
Positions would be located in Dulles, VA
* US Citizen with the eligibility to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance. * MYSQL knowledge. * Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments. * Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage. * Possess good communication skills, both oral and written. * Must work well in a team environment as well as independently. * Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service. * Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
* Data Scientist skills and experience. * Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (NIST 800-53) processes as they apply to database technologies. * Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred. * Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge. * Experience working with large unstructured data sets. * Experience with process development and deployment. * Familiarity with SAFe.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems and Operations or related degree is required.This position can be Salary Grade ST04 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) - must have completed 120 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Spring of 2019 or Summer 2020 136527
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.