The Cloud is where it's at - this goes without saying. Enterprises of all shapes and sizes are moving to the cloud and they need your help to do it. If you want to help migrate enterprises of all shapes and sizes to the cloud while providing input on the products and services needed to enable this mass migration - read on.
This is no small challenge as you'll be helping large customers get a great start on their cloud migration journey. You'll use your experience and real-world know how to help build proof of concept projects for customers and develop their own migration center of excellence teams. If you're interested in having a measurable impact on businesses ranging from educations institutions through to multi-national corporations - this is the role for you.
We are looking for talented database engineers that are passionate about databases and data warehouses, and are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to real-world problems. You will be forward-looking and aware of the latest DB technology offerings (including both relational and NoSQL), and migration methodologies.
Databases Services at AWS covers a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide. You will be responsible for implementing a program which merges all the service content, programs, and processes to drive migrations to the cloud.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as a DB Eng on the MaaS team gives you the opportunity to:
* Engage with companies in a diverse range of industries and verticals.
* Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize computing in the cloud.
* Work for a company that's at the forefront of the cloud computing space.
* Be involved in the fast growing managed services space - learn from the experts.
* Join the team whose activities are regularly called out publicly by our CEO.
In this position you will deal with demanding customers and pressing deadlines - but that just keeps things interesting. You'll have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams. You should have proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and be excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and you should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. You should have deep understanding of either Oracle or SQL Server databases, and knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, or AWS native database engines is highly desirable. Past experience in migration technologies is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Working with customers, AWS sales, professional services, solution architects and product teams to drive migrations.
* Assisting with the execution of migration discovery workshops with the largest enterprise customers.
* Building out proof of concept migration projects including database and application migration.
* Identifying technical solutions to migration accelerators while ensuring appropriate resources including training and support are available as required.
* Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers.
* Operate test environment in cloud, run and analyze test results, perform diagnostics and troubleshooting, open, prioritize, and help triage defects, track and report test status and results.
* Helping customers migrate legacy database and application workloads between database engines.
Note: Extensive travel will be required
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.