Mufg In The Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Database Engineer, AVP
The database engineer will play a key role delivering hands-on implementation of database in Amazon Web Services, including EC2 and RDS Database solutions. The position ensures that the AWS Databases are maintained using enterprise architectural standards. This position will support multiple applications, projects and migration efforts as part of a database engineering team.
* This role is a hands-on technical position supporting Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL on RDS and EC2 running on AWS.
* You will assist application and operations teams throughout the entire project lifecycle, from design and development thru testing and go-live.
* The position will monitor and lead AWS databases and address any issues which are platform specific.
* The job requires the skillset to solve and investigate all database outages, incident recovery and problem resolution activities with AWS support.
* The person needs to understand and document technical architectures, toolsets and standard methodologies.
* The role requires solving problems, with the ability to develop creative solutions quickly.
* Good social and multitasking capabilities in a dynamic setting.
* Experience in large financial institution
* Should be familiar with Agile Project Development Methodologies.
* 8 years supporting and administrating Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases. This will include installation and upgrades, setup and configuration, performance tuning, database reorgs and use of database utilities and tools for monitoring (such as tracing, performance monitors & reports).
* Oracle: Hands-on experience as a database administrator with Oracle on Unix (AIX) and Linux (RHEL). Creating/documenting UNIX shell scripts. Experienced with Oracle RAC and Oracle Data Guard. An understanding of Oracle Partitioning, Data Pump and RMAN.
* SQL Server: Hands-on experience as a database administrator with SQL Server thru 2016. Experienced with SQL Server Always-ON Availability Groups, Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replication. Experienced in creating/documenting Windows PowerShell scripts. Mus have a working understanding of SQL Server Reporting, Integration and Analysis Services.
* 5 Years of hands-on experience in design and configuration of large scale database solutions. Support infrastructure planned maintenance and outages. Apply patches, hot fixes and other security hotfixes as requested.
* 3 Years performing application development support activities including database design, optimizing SQL queries, building complex SQLs, concurrency planning, data refreshing and database objects migration across regions.
* At least 1 year of experience in AWS cloud computing platform, leading Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases on EC2 and RDS. Provision and support databases on EC2 and RDS cloud environments, experience working with Amazon Web Services (CloudWatch, KMS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, Schema Conversion Tool & Database Migration Services) and experience with AWS snapshot technology used for backup, recovery and disaster recovery of AWS databases in production and non-production environments. Working knowledge of AWS high availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR) is a plus.
* An understanding of virtualization concepts, especially VMWare Hypervisor and SAN and NAS solutions (EMC and NetApp) as well as EC2 using EBS.
* Knowledge of Confluence & JIRA, with exposure to Agile Project Methodology.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.