The Data Insights team, also known as the Business Data Platform, owns the online real-time single source of truth for all user data at Grab.
Get to know the Role:
Are you a NoSQL Database Engineer? You can be part of Grab and get to work on and support one of the largest and fastest growing datasets of any company in South East Asia. We operate in a challenging, fast paced and ever changing environment that will push you to grow and learn.
The day-to-day activities:
* Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the end-to-end of the database in Cloud platform, working with Amazon Web Services technologies.
* Perform database capacity planning, maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot database performance issues and employ measures to prevent recurrence.
* Work with engineering and operations teams to build tools that drive database scalability, reliability and performance, and research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems.
* Develop and implement security policies and procedures that improve stability and prevent data loss.
* Setup process of DB monitoring, alerting, trending and graphing methods with the SysOps Team and regularly evaluate and improve it.
* Work with development teams and analytic teams on database modelling and design from the moment a feature addition is planned.
* Participate in code reviews that include DB changes.
* Master's or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field.
* Three years of experience in: Utilizing NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and DynamoDB; Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform; Installing, configuring, and building Cassandra Clusters using Ansible; Building monitoring and logging platform to manage the clusters using monitoring tools such as Datadog or Splunk; Utilizing Solr for indexing by creating and modifying the Solr schemas as needed in multi-DC environment; Performing containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes; Managing BigData technologies utilizing Spark cluster-computing framework; and Utilizing Python and Shell scripting for automation.
Position at Grab Technology LLC in Bellevue, WA
40 hours per week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.