Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite Telecommunications has an immediate need for a Mid-to-Senior Oracle and/or SQL Server Database Developer. Qualified candidates should have database development experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server. The right candidate will also have experience in delivering enterprise grade solutions. This position offers a great opportunity to work with the latest development tools.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a member of a team. You must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. We are a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for understanding business problems and proposing the most fitting solutions using Oracle and/or SQL Server database technology.
* System Analysis and Design, Database Programming, Data Modeling, Data Migration, Database Design and Development.
* Hands on Database Performance and Scalability.
* Superior communications skills.
* Knowledge of standards for physical and logical database schema/table design and programming.
* Evaluate and recommend enhancements in order to increase application efficiency, capacity, and responsiveness to users.
* Verify enhancements achieve the results requested by the end user or guide the requestor to automated robust alternatives.
* Ensure maximum design efficiency and functionality in the creation and layout of systems and database objects.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
* 1-5 years ofdatabase development experience
* Experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server
* Experience planning, designing, and building databases
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent documentation and organizational skills
* Experience troubleshooting complex problems
* Familiarity with Team Foundation Server or other code management tools
* Familiarity with SDLF, SSMS, and/or 5515
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled North American coverage, Granite is the leading corporate phone service provider to multi-location companies through our scalable solutions, customized to manage all your local, regional and national locations.