Dime Community Bank
Working collaboratively with the Data Team, you will be tasked with designing a dynamic data environment for containing and aggregating multiple data sources in an efficient and optimized manner. The design of the data environment must allow for the creation of data-driven solutions using machine learning, predictive analytics and other data science techniques, including AI. As part of the database design, you will be tasked with evaluating and advising on technology components for optimizing the various database management systems and applications.
* Aggregate data enterprise wide with the intent to centralize reporting, prepare for future analytics projects and ensuring that Dime's data hub follows best in class optimization practices.
* Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
* Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
* Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
* Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
* Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline (Computer Science, MIS, and Software Engineering). Master's degree is preferred.
* Minimum five years' experience in database development and administration with the aptitude to maintain and administrate a SAS platform. Experience working for a bank or other financial institution a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of and certification in SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 a must, including Integration Services. Knowledge of MySQL a plus.
* TSQL, VBScript, JScript, PowerShell, Batch programming required. Previous experience in programming.
* Software development experience in one or more languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java, HTML, SAS).
* Experience developing database environments (Data Warehouse, Data Mart's) using various platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server and Hadoop.
* Strong background in designing reports in various reporting solutions such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, IBM Cognos.
* Strong working knowledge of IIS and Apache a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
* Strong critical thinking and complex technical problem solving skills a must.
* Experience in both Linux and Windows environments, preferably as an administrator.
About Dime Community Bank
Dime Community Bancshares operates as a holding company for The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburgh, a chartered savings bank.