Job Requisition Number: 20181015C
Job Title: Database Designer/Developer
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Physical Address of Work Location: INDUS Corporate Office San Diego CA
Relocation Assistance: None
Employment Type: Full Time
Security Clearance: Secret or able to obtain secret clearance
Posted Date: 1/31/2019
Closing Date: When Filled
Skill Requirements (must have):
* Oracle/SQL Server database application development, query development
* Database requirements analysis and design
* Performance tuning & capacity planning/monitoring
* Data security implementation. Implementation of backup & recovery plans
* Standby/failover process management administration
* Forms and Reports Development
* Experience with database-backed web solutions
* SQL Tuning in an Oracle or MS SQL Server environment
* Experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) & Automated Storage Management (ASM) administration/installation
* MS SQL Server administration/installation
INDUS is seeking a Database Designer/Developer with extensive experience designing, coding, testing and supporting next-generation database solutions in Oracle enterprise and SQL Server environments. Proficient in an assortment of technologies such as Oracle 12c, DB2, Access, Sybase, MS SQL Server, JDBC, Visio, Apache HTTP Server, Java, C++, and XML. Experience with Windows, MAC, and Unix/Linux operating systems a plus. The Database Designer/Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining data applications, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to insure that new site applications meet project requirements.
Serves as DBA or application lead in implementations, managing projects requirements analysis to solutions delivery and support.
* Standardizing content from dissimilar databases, enabling team to support customer requests.
* Innovate time-saving, robust data-intake system that automated database update functions, enabling new process-exception information to be automatically populated.
* Develop and test storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for site operational database, delivering solution that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability.
* Enhanced users' understanding of database systems by conducting pre-implementation workshops, delivering group and individual training sessions, and consulting on implementation issues.
Education/Equivalent: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Engineering - preferably in software, Systems, Computer Science/Information systems, or Electrical Engineering
Travel Required: This position may require some travel
Comments: Apply for position online http://industechnology.applicantpro.com/jobs/.