The Revenue Technology Office (RevTech) delivers sales-focused software, database and analytics products to thousands of employees. We need a database architect leader to join us on our journey to mature our analytics platform from descriptive to prescriptive analytics. The right teammate will help us build a holistic view of our Pipeline, our Products, our Prospects and our People.
Sales expertise allows the team to configure software that will capture the right data to help us design globally consistent analytics and insights for sale people, sales leaders, business leaders and executives.
We address stakeholder needs throughout the sales cycle by using agile product management principles to define the sales process which is reflected in our CRM software.
We capture data from a variety of sources in to create:
* standardized, scheduled analytics & reports with data visualization tools. * self-service data exploration tools for ad-hoc analysis.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Release holistic solutions that have the highest impact on users' efficiency and effectiveness by:
* developing data integration processes to ensure data from source systems enriches the existing data and provides up to date analytics for our users. * developing a sustainable business glossary to ensure we educate our growing userbase. * establishing and managing the ongoing support and change control functions. * delivering usage and adoption data, where appropriate.
Deliver accurate data so that insights are actionable by:
* data modeling and transformation for the data mart layer. * designing a data validation process which includes, but is not limited to: * defining baseline data-sets for content. * (e.g. Expected mappings for Product/Employee hierarchies, expected refresh completion) * designing exception reports to support the data validation process. * creating a process & action plan for addressing data quality exceptions.
Increasing the quality of technical releases by lifting the teams' expertise by:
* establishing internal coordination with other groups and customer facing SLA's * recommending the appropriate technical solution, derived from the acceptance criteria provided by the Product Owner. * before code is released: * conducting thorough technical testing. * designing the appropriate environment and tools that can be used for testing. * collaborating with Product Owner to ensure satisfactory functional testing of code has been conducted
* organizational development plans for the above
Delivering products when our users need the most.
In advance of a development cycle:
* estimating long-term capacity & updating short-term capacity. * estimating planned stories that are prioritized for the sprint. * ensuring that staff have taken on planned stories.
During a development cycle:
* updating sprint progress and assessing the impact of impediments. * estimating unplanned stories, providing impact the sprint.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience. * Experience with large-scale systems implementation and/or integration projects. * ETL experience in context of large data warehouses (SSIS, Informatica, other similar tools). * Advanced experience with multi-dimensional data modeling techniques suited for OLAP and data visualization consumption (SSAS/SSRS, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, other similar) * Experience with the interconnectedness of ERP systems and CRM software. * Exposure to the roll-out processes of data governance and master data management within large, data rich organizations. * Subject matter expertise and ability to engage with business users in developing business requirements and translating those to technical specifications * Ability to capture and publish business definitions in a metadata repository * Ability to develop and lead a team employing the appropriate methodologies for effective delivery of results (SCRUM, Kanban etc.)
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.