Company Job Title:
Director, Business Operations - NJVC
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Database Architect support the team and leadership in process and software improvements. The Database Architect also help in shaping and achieving systems milestones in support of the GSSIPDM Program which is a state-of-the- art dissemination and production system to satisfy future GEOINT requirements.
GSSIPDM will be comprised of a publication system-Consolidated Products Database (CPD) and a dissemination system-Product Dissemination System (PDS). It will provide a cross- domain data transfer solution (high-to-low) to facilitate distribution of NGA and Mission Partner publications. Additionally, GSSIPDM will introduce an enhanced Graphical User Interface (GUI), an automated dissemination system that will transform current software baselines, and leverage on current cloud-native architectures that will reside on the following network(s): NIPRnet, JWICS, SIPRNet, and Stone Ghost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Database architect for the GSSIPDM Task Order
* Administrate for hands-on database design, architecture, engineering, scripting, and data migration.
* Design system architectures to include:
* Communications to support the total requirements
* Provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces.
* Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance.
* Analyze cross-functional problem sets, identify root causes and resolve issues.
* Provide database architecture design to include:
* Associated IT systems
* IT infrastructure
* IT products
* Improvements to existing IT products.
* Research and evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
* Analyze test results and recommend appropriate design changes
* May have supervisory responsibilities
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree in an associated technical discipline and 8 years of equivalent work experience. Experience to include:
* 5 years of experience in database administration.
* 2 years of experience in NGA database development, and testing.
* 1 years of experience/familiarity with reading, writing, debugging, updating (maintenance release/updates), and fixing triggers, views, and stored procedures.)
* Experience working projects utilizing SAFe Agile and Scrum methodology
* Experienced with XML specifications
* Active TS/SCI Clearance with CI Poly eligibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Cloud Native application software development and deployment
* Fine grain access control, Back-end systems and cross domain services integration
* Understanding of Content Management Systems
* Understanding of Product Dissemination Systems
* Thorough understanding and working knowledge of administration of Oracle, Sybase and PostgreSQL databases.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Tool suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Ability to solve complex engineering problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
* Ability to modernize legacy database designs.
* Ability to migrate from one database technology to another (i.e., Sybase to Oracle).
* Knowledgeable with NGA system capabilities and provide continuity between releases.
* Desired but not required:
* Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired.
* Experience with technology components for the creation, processing and dissemination of Intelligence products
* Intelligence Security Markings (ISM) compliance tools to handle classification rollups and dissemination based on classification.
* Publications (PUBS) XML specification - requirement for NGA to format all standard intelligence product lines for submission to the Library of National Intelligence (LNI):
* Development of software or services in DevOps environment and ability to transition into production
* Content indexing services
* Content Management Systems Development
* Relational database experience
* Python, Java and PHP languages
* Understanding of Documentum
* UX designer/researcher
* Web service software development
* Open-source login/authentication services
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.