The TSA Flexible Agile Scalable Teams (FAST) procurement establishes an OIT contract vehicle that supports Agile design, development, and application production requirements for a suite of applications that support the entire agency. TSA needs multiple Agile teams in support of Agile design, development, testing, and adaptive maintenance activities. TSA is moving towards operations and maintenance (O&M) being part of the agile development lifecycle in other words an approach that promotes the idea, "if you build it, you own it".
* The Database Architect/Engineer establishes database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
* Translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the clients entity relationship and flow of data including: developing the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model; and making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained.
* Also, participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment. Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
* Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science and 10 years or more of experience with designing, implementing, and tuning relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL), "NoSQL" databases (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB), and data marts/data warehouses and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
Experience designing and migrating databases to cloud environments.Experience designing and documenting data models and data migration plans.Experience of performing Tier 2 and Tier 3 O&M support (i.e., responding to, trouble shooting, data repair, resolving database issues found in production).Experience with Microstrategy, Oracle eBusiness suite, KronosExperience migrating legacy systems to SalesForce.In addition to the technologies noted above, experience with Oracle database products, TIBCO, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics,