We are looking for a Database Architect to partner with the engineering teams and turn business requirements into database schemas. You will be creating robust data models for in flight and transit to optimize performance, scale, agility and security. You will need to know how to optimize usage of high scale databases, including indexing, normalization and caching of data. You will be an expert in DML/DDL with MySQL.
* Lead the implementation of database roadmap for the company to enable the company's strategic roadmap
* Lead technical domain and business discussions relative to future architecture direction, aligning architectural strategy with business goals
* Defines data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for Prescient's data/information structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, including: Master data, meta-data, database analysis, database design and Business Intelligence (BI) tools, etc
* Perform productively at Data related design, coding, implementations and maintenance
* Advance technical knowledge and background in the areas of data modeling, data mart, data management, data quality, data governance, data integration (ETL) and data security.
* Excellent DML and DDL skills
* Excellent Online Transaction Processing and Online Analytical Processing design skills
* Manage DB Schemas, updating per business requirements and making sound decisions due to impact of changes
* Support Release management deploying data resource updates.
* Own data dictionaries.
* Experience with creating data models that support efficient exchange of data and information
* Create data architecture goals and objectives for each product in the organization
* Collaborate across multiple product owners to create data driven architecture solutions
* Diagnose and resolve database issues related to performance, agility and scalability
* AWS and Azure (nice to have)
* For each individual a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field (e.g. computer science, engineering information systems).
* A minimum of 10 years of experience to include data architecture/data warehouse experience with a program of the size and complexity of the contract
* A minimum of 10 years of experience to include software architecture experience as well as hands on development
About the Company:
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.