Search for more jobs
* Job: 21246-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Information Technology
Working under the direction of the Database Manager, will be responsible for developing, testing, implementing and supporting sophisticated database management systems; contributing to the architectural direction of the database environment; exploring new technologies, assisting teams in using existing technologies effectively and providing mentorship to junior members; providing direction and solutions to development teams and advanced support for MySQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB database platforms; integrating those technologies that are best aligned with the needs of the business; providing technical guidance to development teams; providing operational support for existing database infrastructure; initiating performance tuning and troubleshooting performance issues; and evaluating and recommending enhancements to the database infrastructure.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree or higher (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering or Computer Science and no experience.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering or Computer Science and five (5) years of experience in job offered or five (5) years of experience in design, development and testing of SQL databases.
* Demonstrated expertise creating and modifying queries to analyze and validate data using SQL server or MySQL.
* Demonstrated expertise architecting SQL Server for inter-operation of diverse platforms; developing and optimizing database objects -- indexes, triggers, functions, and stored procedures; and developing front-end applications for data entry using stored procedures.
* Demonstrated expertise performing data profiling; and designing and implementing logical and physical data models, including star schema design and ER models, on MSSQL or MySQL databases.
* Demonstrated expertise writing SQL queries for database integration; writing SQL scripts to manage multi server SQL databases; and performing database management, application tuning, capacity planning, and database security check.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.