Who are we?
Afiniti is the world's leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
The Database Administrator/Program Architect will be responsible for the availability, performance, integrity and security of the databases. He shall also be involved in the planning and development of the databases, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The ideal candidate will work in shifts as member of DBA team to provide 24/7 services to our US clients in particular and other clients in General.
* Includes installation, administration, operations, support, maintenance, monitoring & upgradation of database servers to ensure availability, security with optimal performance
* Recommends solutions and follows standards on database physical structure, functional capabilities, security & backups
* Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements
* Maintains quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
* Responsible to perform query optimization, database design optimization in addition to providing assistance/reviews/feedbacks to stakeholders in writing complex queries, stored procedures/functions, views, DDL/DML script
* Troubleshoot complex database issues in accurate and timely manner ensuring defined SLAs / OLAs
* Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
* Controlling access permissions, privileges to ensure data security
* Maintain database disaster recovery procedures to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery
* Responsible to perform all kind of other database administration activities while working in 24x7 shifts environment throughout the year
* Responsible to maintain a good, healthy & friendly team environment
* Shall be able to provide user manuals including data standards, procedures and definition for data dictionary
The ideal candidate wil have
* 5+ year of experience working in a reputed IT Organizations with expertise in MYSQL in particular and other SQL & NoSQL databases in general particularly in Linux environments
* Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and its internal storage & memory architecture
* Must be familiar with working and managing enterprise level mission critical databases on Linux platforms with storage technologies (e.g. RAID, SAN etc.)
* Proven ability/experience to work with Virtual Teams
* Should be a quick learner, willing to take initiative, enthusiastic about his work, determined and hard worker
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Should possess a nice pleasant & flexible personality and should be willing to work in flexible shift timings (as per requirements)
* Excellent analytical and communication/soft skills are required
* Should be able to deliver the desired results being in shift in a 24x7 working environment under tight time-lines
* Willing to travel for official purposes
Education & Qualifications
* Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology or Management Information Systems related discipline
Salary & Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer generous stock options, an annual discretionary bonus plus Corporate benefits.
We believe that richness in diversity is a huge asset for Afiniti. We value both the similarities and differences in everyone who is a part of the Afiniti team. We believe that this diversity builds a stronger organization and is in keeping with the core values of our company. Our policy, therefore, is to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This means that we comply with all applicable human rights and employment legislation, and we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions, reductions in force, or terminations.
Afiniti's artificial intelligence technology enables call centers in leading enterprises to increase revenue, reduce costs, & enhance customer satisfaction.