* Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
* Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
* Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
* Implement and operate server, storage and backup infrastructure systems.
* Perform system maintenance for security devices and systems such as firewalls, IPS/IDS,
* Participate and assist in Disaster Recovery planning, testing, and execution.
* Provide after-hours support within SLA's.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Software or related field.
* Three years of experience in software and network engineering.
* Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
* Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
* A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware)
* Experience with Linux based systems and appliances.
* Experience with Cisco technology (ASA, UCS, ACI)
* Experience with SAN technology (EMC, Pure).
* Experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS) is plus
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
The position of Database Administrator is established to design, configure and support the technical infrastructure and operations of NextGen Healthcare. Also, this position is responsible for system and application administration, vulnerability remediation, patching, and monitoring of various systems. Deliver stable, highly available systems and exceptional service. To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired
18111 Von Karman Ave Suite 800, Irvine, California 92612
5410 Maryland Way Suite 400, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.