We are seeking a full-time Database Administrator to provide Tier III support to government customer at the Federal Trade Commission in Washington DC. The successful candidate will be Responsible for resolving break and fix IT incidents as well as service request.
Service to our FTC customer are included but not limited to:
* Provide on-going technical support to the FTC users supporting the database platforms which includes Oracle 11, MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2014
* Monitor and support various databases to meet user demand. Support for enterprise DBMS components.
* Ensure optimal performance and integration with other infrastructure components
* Establish baseline performance and identify opportunities for improvement
* Confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems
* Deep understanding of and ability to apply concepts and principles of database management and integration
Candidate Specific Requirements:
* 6 year's minimum experience providing Tier II and Tier III support.
* Flexibility to work 8-hour shift between the hours of 7am to 6pm including some weekends.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Related IT certification preferred (GIAC Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB), MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration, or Oracle Database 12cR2 Administration Certified Professional)
Related College degree preferred (Bachelor in Computer Science or Information Systems)
* Ability to obtain and maintains a public Trust Security Clearance.
* Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
* CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), or (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
* Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas. Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the desired achievement
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.