Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. We are in expansion mode and looking for the top talent to grow our teams!
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
[*MON * CB]
* THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DOD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE*
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SRC is searching for a strong, qualified candidate to provide on-site, database administration support for a U.S. Government program to develop and deliver customized commercial aerospace software to the Systems Integrator in San Diego, CA. SRC requires an on-site presence to support continued integration operations at the government's facilities near Point Loma (San Diego), CA. Travel to Colorado Springs, CO or VAFB CA may be required on a limited basis
The Oracle Database Administrator will Install, design, develop, administer, upgrade, maintain and support multiple Oracle database systems/applications; deploy customizations & packages, load data, and define and implement Backup and Recovery Strategies; engage in performance tuning, data migration and business process analysis; troubleshoot, analyze & resolve database and application service issues.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have Five (5) to ten (10) years' experience with Oracle Databases.
* Experienced Oracle RAC configuration/build/troubleshooting.
* Experience documenting and maintaining database system specifications, diagrams and connectivity charts.
* Ability to create database queries, indexes, and stored procedures.
* Experience developing, testing, and administering server security, backup, and recovery procedures.
* Possesses personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
* Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs.
* Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; is open to new ideas, and is a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, dynamic, and complex organization.
* Experience with complex Space System software development programs.
* Experience with operational Space System software programs and their deployment.
* TS/SCI clearance with a current SSBI.required upon hire
* An Oracle Database Administration certificate.
* CompTIA Security+ certification
(Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information)
* Bachelors' in a technical engineering field required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel to Colorado Springs, CO or VAFB CA may be required on a limited basis
BENEFITS: We offer a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence.