The Database Administrator I will provide analysis related to design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications. * Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes. * Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure. * Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. * Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions. * Train users and answer questions. * Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database. * Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases. * Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. * Develop standards and guidelines for use and acquisition of software and protects vulnerable information. * Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Related Scientific or Technical Discipline and 3 years in related discipline. * Database certification required (i.e., Oracle; SQL Server, etc.) * Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Thorough knowledge and skills for testing programs and databases. * Skilled in writing and coding of logical and physical databases. * Strong communication skills both written and verbal. * Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; continual attention to detail, establish priorities and meet deadlines. * Professionalism - Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or posture; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments. * Ability to work holidays, nights, and weekends as required. * Ability to travel to other government facilities, up to 25%, as required. * Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a multi-tasking environment, self-starter, accomplishment-oriented, team player, and an individual contributor. * Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, be proactive, and assume additional responsibility and accountability.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. * During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.