At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies - especially their HR teams - better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture - all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We're a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions - enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining our databases on Microsoft SQL Server. The DBA will additionally provide expertise in the areas of analysis, reporting, and performance tuning. In this role, you will also work with the technical teams from software development and implementation to ensure quality data models, data integrity and maintain outstanding database performance.
Who you are:
* Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
* Interested in staying current and proficient on existing emerging relevant SQL technology through self-study and company/vendor provided training opportunities
* Ability to work directly with software development groups to ensure that we delivery quality database solutions
* Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
* Familiar with best practices and standard DBA tasks
How we work:
* Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
* Dedicated Tech Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
* We don't add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
* Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
* Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
* Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
* Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
* A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
* A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
* 6+ years of Microsoft SQL Server database experience
* Excellent knowledge of stored procedures, triggers, and T-SQL
* Experience in Always On High Availability
* Proficient knowledge of Azure SQL and Powershell
* Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services
* Experience with DTS and SSIS
* Excellent written and oral communication
* MCITP: DBA or equivalent a plus
* Experience with other database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, etc) a plus
During the last three months, you would have:
* Executed SQL server maintenance to ensure a consistent and reliable database environment
* Developed and maintain logical and physical database models
* Answered Incident call and help troubleshoot database performance issues
* Help troubleshoot Always On High Availability Issues
* Imported and exported data to and from multiple data sources
* Wrote ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, jobs, and functions to support the SQL servers
* Resolved data issues and facilitated data analysis
* Provided input in database design, performance tuning, troubleshooting, error handling and hardware planning
* Identified and assisted in resolution to all operational related issues ranging from the Web Server, SQL Server, Operating systems, and more
* Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
* 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
* Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
* Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
* Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
* Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
* Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there's no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
* Flexible work hours
* Paid Parental Leave
* Ample volunteer opportunities and events
* Health and wellness program
* Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, "We" is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is a provider of cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions for medium-sized organizations.