A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Database Administrator, you administer, test, implement and maintain performance of databases. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop, implement and maintain the health of databases and contribute to design and production efforts as related to database solutions. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
* • Testing programs or databases, correcting errors and making necessary modifications.
* • Modifying existing databases and database management systems.
* • Working as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determining project scope capabilities and limitations.
* • Writing and coding logical and physical database descriptions and specifying identifiers of database to management system or directing others in coding descriptions.
* • Approving, scheduling, planning, and supervising the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems related to the installation/operation of new databases.
* • Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
* • Providing consultation and technical expertise regarding database management systems (DBMS), database management tools, access methods, and vendor-provided database management software.
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
* • Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field
* • Requires 5-8 years of related experience in database management and/or development
* • MCSA SQL Server certification preferred, Oracle Database OCP/OCM certification a plus
* • Requires expert knowledge and experience in MS SQL (2008 to 2016); SSIS, SSRS and Clustering knowledge is critical
* • Requires advanced knowledge and experience in Oracle (9i to 11g) and basic knowledge of MySQL (4.0 to 5.6)
* • Requires expert knowledge of database administration, replication, monitoring, backup/recovery and security in multiple platforms
* • Advanced knowledge on Server infrastructure (Windows, Linux) and virtual environments (vmware)
* • Basic knowledge of ITIL Best Practices
* • Must be a US Citizen due to government contract requirements
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
* • Team oriented
* • Process focused
* • Open & honest communication
* • Quality minded
* • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
* • Recognizes success
* • Executes with urgency
* • Customer focused in everything we do
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Specificity of the job
Potential for minimal travel
Company information Safran Electrical & Power
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Safran is an international technology group operating in the aviation, defense, and space markets.