* Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases in conjunction with development and production teams.
* Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures. Design and implement resilient, highly-available systems, monitoring/alerting, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of assets.
* Research and recommend database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones. Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
* Design and implement backup and maintenance plans for production systems
* Respond to and resolve database security, access, and performance issues. Monitor database system details/ diagnostics within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
* Monitor, optimize and allocate physical storage for systems. Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
* Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs. Including trend identification and growth forecasting
* Perform database transaction and security audits. Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems and from on-premises data centers to AWS
* 3 years plus of experience in Database Administration of Microsoft SQL Server
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Information Systems, Computer Science
* Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
* Working technical experience with architecting, building, installing, configuring and maintaining (patching and upgrading) large-scale, highly available production database servers and systems.
* Hands-on database performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques and documentation
* Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
* AWS database experience with RDS and/or EC2
* Migration of on-premises databases to AWS
* Professional exposure to alternate database solutions (e.g., Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
* High-level scripting language
* Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Architects, develops, and administers secure, high-performing, resilient database systems. Maintains appropriate policies and procedures. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance operations Monitors, and resolves database security, performance, and scaling issues.
18111 Von Karman Ave Suite 800, Irvine, California 92612
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.