Everi (www.everi.com) is a leading supplier of technology solutions for the casino gaming industry. Our Company provides casino operators with a diverse portfolio of products including innovative gaming machines that power the casino floor, and casino operational & management systems that include comprehensive, end-to-end financial technology solutions, critical intelligence offerings, and gaming operations efficiency technology. Everi's mission is to be a transformative force for casino operations by facilitating memorable player experiences, delivering reliable protection and security, and striving for customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
We are proud to be the gaming industry's single-source provider of financial technology solutions, games, and intelligence solutions that power the casino floor.
* Leader in Gaming Technology Innovation (GTI) * Opportunities for growth & advancement in a broad, diverse company setting * Employee-led social events & gaming groups * Competitive compensation, benefits & PTO
This position is based in our Austin (Westlake) office.
* Exercises discretion and independent judgment overseeing all aspects of relational and warehouse database management, including but not limited to architecture, layout and configuration of logical and physical databases, security, high availability, deployment, administration, archival, and maintenance of all database systems using established relational database methodology and principles. * Works closely with all business units supporting SQL functions across the company. * Uses reporting to provide appropriate information and controls to ensure data accuracy. * Delegates SQL related duties to other DBAs as necessary. * Coordinates efforts with other technical disciplines ensuring concurrence with data provided by processors. * Assists with operational support, administration, installation, archives, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all systems as required. * Assesses new database technologies and advise the company appropriately. * Responsible for ensuring diagrams and documentation are maintained and accurate. * Responsible for ensuring supported systems, configurations, and documentation comply with internal and external governing laws, policies, rules, and compliance measures. * Customarily and regularly performs proactive assessments of existing relational and warehouse databases, including but not limited to performance, trending, impact analysis, installation and deployment standardizations and guidelines, process scheduling, preventive maintenance, and database design. * Actively participates in the planning, development, configuration, testing, and implementation of new projects requiring relational and warehouse databases. * Responsible for ensuring SQL Servers are properly assembled (process, memory, drive space, etc.), including SQL Servers that are implemented on VM environments. * Implements and verifies the execution of routine database scheduled jobs and maintenance tasks. * Helps maintain and troubleshoot databases on all custom and commercial Everi applications. * Follows guidelines, recommendations, and project plans for capacity planning and required work. * Follows departmental procedures to meet customer and client needs in an innovative and resourceful manner. * Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field required.
Job Knowledge/Work Experience:
* 5-8 years' experience in enterprise database design and administration, including at least 3 years with a large-scale Microsoft SQL Server environment.
* Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. * Experience with relational and warehouse database design, optimization and installation. * Experience with TSQL, triggers, functions, stored procedures, views and referential integrity constraints with ability to analyze and tune SQL statements and stored procedures. * Experience creating, executing, and monitoring SSIS packages and scheduled jobs. * Experience creating backup and restore methods, disaster recovery, and archiving strategies and SQL server security models. * Experience configuring, monitoring, and managing database replication, SQL server clustering and file group placement, and database upgrades and patches. * Experience designing, implementing and maintaining high availability SQL Server environments. * Experience with SQL server performance monitoring and tuning, including monitoring SQL servers for excessive loads and contention that may impact performance (including use of execution plans, SQL Server profiling and index tuning). * Ability to diagnose and resolve performance bottlenecks in SQL server and perform database performance analysis. * Ability to develop, revise, and implement policies, standards, procedures, and rules in order to administer the database environment. * Ability to understand technical issues, track the progress of issues, and work through issues to resolution. * Understanding of data center server hardware and storage systems. * Familiarity with networking, DNS, WINS, TCPIP, Active Directory and Exchange as they relate to SQL server.
Apply Now/Connect Later: Job opportunity brought to you by Ray L Perez.
Twitter - @everi_inc / @EveriTalent
Instagram - everi_inc / EveriTalent
YouTube - Everi Holdings Inc.
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/everi
Everi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic or class protected by federal, state, or local law.
For All External Staffing Agencies
Everi does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Everi employee for review without proper approval. Everi is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.