Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 800 travel agency partners with more than 16,000 elite travel advisors in over 45 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with 1,700 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.
* Participate as a member of the database administration team on call 24x7 rotation.
* Active contributor for database maintenance implementation, review, and support for critical business operations.
* Good knowledge of TSQL, performance tuning, Query Plans, and Query Plan optimization for TSQL.
* Strong knowledge in SQL Server 2008-2016, including all latest features introduced in SQL Server 2012, 2014 & 2016.
* Experience with SQL 2014/2016 Always On High Availability configuration, support, and troubleshooting
* Experience working in small teams with a good mix of autonomy and accountability.
* Experience of managing and developing SQL Server, BI Suite, database custom tools using SQL Server Data Tools/Visual Studio 2013-2015 IDE's.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Ability to think analytically, troubleshoot and solve database issues, and know when to seek advice.
* Strong technical and business communication skills.
* Maintain all database environments using tested and automated deployment maintenance approach.
* Support SQL Server production environment including server performance monitoring.
* Support SQL Server lower environments keeping developers free of database related bottlenecks.
* Perform database administration activities including; monitoring, backup & restore, and maintenance tasks.
* Follow defined Standard Operating Procedures.
* Manage security changes and audits for databases, servers, and shares.
* Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment.
* Work effectively with management and members to clarify needs and priorities.
* Support developers using current SQL Server features, recommendation on database change requests.
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Educational and Skills Requirements:
* Understanding of MS SQL Server database administration interfaces and utilities.
* Ability to create and review stored procedures, functions, triggers, queries etc.
* Experience in Windows Server 2012/2014/2016.
* Computer Science basics that come from either a degree in CS or the equivalent experiences.
* Hands on experience in SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
* Experience with VSTS and GIT
* Hands on experience in IDERA products.
Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Virtuoso is the industry's leading luxury travel network. Our Advisors have access to exclusive travel offers and experiences that you can't get on your own.