Company Job Title:
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Database Administrator will support a high visibility customer in a fast paced, rewarding environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide operating system upgrade support
* Monitor all production and lab databases daily, including:
* Ensure server, database, instance, and listener are operational
* Ensure database replication is operational where applicable
* Ensure database high availability is operational where applicable
* Ensure databases and filesystems have adequate space and memory
* Monitor alert logs for errors and unauthorized activity
* Ensure databases and archive logs are backed up as scheduled
* Ensure operating system and database user passwords are changed as needed
* Proactively monitor database growth and performance trends
* Apply database updates and security patches
* Provide incident response and issue troubleshooting
* Build new databases using documented standard process
* Harden databases in support of continuous monitoring
* Create users, datafiles, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, reports, queries, etc.
* Perform index maintenance
* Export and/or import data
* Provide application release support
* Perform database tuning
* Perform database migrations
* Document database processes, procedures, and scripts
* Research new technologies and techniques
* Plan and implement database version upgrades and enhancements
* Utilize Linux (RHEL 7) and Windows (Server 2008 R2) operating systems
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's degree or higher degree in a technical discipline required
* 5 years hands-on experience Oracle/SQL Database Administration working with Oracle 11G and SQL Server (2008 R2/2012) platforms.
* TS/SCI clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership
* Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required to support customer
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.