Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and Texas.
Our Fife, Washington Corporate office is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team.
* Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
* Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
* Install and configure new SQL Servers
* Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors or internal Development and Business Analysts post approvals
* When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including server configuration changes, or index/query changes
* Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services
* Troubleshooting application logic or why numbers don't add up in a report
* Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
* Failover clustering
Milgard is growing with a record of accomplishment of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. The Database Administrator role is a great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total rewards offering including:
* Performance Bonus Incentive - your efforts are rewarded!
* Vacation and Sick pay
* Medical/Dental/Vision - Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
* 401k with a match - 100% of the first 4%
* Profit Sharing
* Tuition assistance - continue your education; we will help!
* Career growth opportunities - take on more responsibility and grow!
To learn more about Milgard's products, services, and culture visit our website at We have built or success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career www.milgard.com/careers as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Full or Part Time
Milgard (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.