The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery.
The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth
opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top
Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is currently searching for a Database Administrator (DBA) who can provide high quality support for the production, test, and development environments by implementing, managing, monitoring and maintaining multiple database servers and databases. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently or under only general direction in a fast-paced and flexible environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities. The candidate must be able to translate technical database issues, requirements, limitations and parameters for management and staff, and understand business work processes and business impact.
* Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
* Analyze and study complex application/database requirements to proactively design, plan, and deploy needed capabilities.
* Performance monitoring and capacity planning, database installation and configuration, database backup & recovery, patch upgrades, security compliance, audit trail monitoring.
* Schedule and coordinate routine database maintenance tasks while supporting the database projects and users.
* Translate technical database issues, requirements, limitations and parameters for management and staff, and understand business work processes and business impact.
* Evaluates and analyze database systems for enhancements design, develop and maintain databases that interact with software applications.
* Maintain and support existing enterprise applications integration systems and validate of associated work products.
* Design and implement database solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, stored procedures and packages, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
* Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
* Participate in on-call and off-hours production problem resolution activities.
* B.S in the field of Computer Science is required while a M.S is preferred.
* 0 - 8 years of related experience required.
* DBA experience on Oracle Database 12g and 11g in Windows environment, and experience in Microsoft SQL Server required..
* Experience in software development and working with developers on a regular basis required..
* Be able to perform and develop ETL processes in the context of multiple integrations systems required..
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot system problems by identifying and implementing software or process changes that allow business applications to operate with minimal risk required.
* Excellent understanding and practical experience with T-SQL, data modeling and data analysis required..
* Present understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of medium sized projects required..
* Experience with business process implementation in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems and their integration required..
* Oral communication skills to effectively explain technical concepts required..
* Exceptional problem solving skills combined with analytical skills to analyze data, perform research, and diagnose and solve problems required..
* Ability to perform both Oracle and also Windows system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments required..
* Ability to map middleware and front end of applications to the backend database objects required..
* Must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a team environment required..
* Microsoft SQL administration/development experience required..
* Experienced in BI and DW required
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.