Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Data Warehousing Programmer
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Data Warehousing Programmer
- inWashington, D.C. Area
* Under general supervision, responsible for product support and maintenance of the data warehouse. Performs data warehouse design and construction.
* Codes and documents scripts and stored procedures. Designs and implements data strategy methods. Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation.
* Assists with metadata repository management. Prepares and implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
* Creates index and view scripts.
* Performs all functional duties independently.
* Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development or related field, with at least 5 years in a data warehouse environment and/or related field ;
* A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;;
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
* Extensive experience with data warehouse design, construction, and/or maintenance, to include design and implementation of data strategy methods, coding and documentation of scripts and stored procedures, and creation of index and view scripts;
* Extensive experience with development of data warehouse program and system documentation;
* Able to assist with metadata repository management;
* Extensive experience preparing and implementing data verification and testing methods for data warehouses;
* Be a US Citizen, have earned permanent residence status (Green Card), or have lived in the US for the past 5 years;
* Able to obtain Postal clearance;
* Excellent communication skills.
* Postal clearance process includes drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
* Once candidate's resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
* If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
* Candidate cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years, military service excepted. (Exception does not include military family members.)
* All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
* Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.
* The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.
Support Hours and Possibility of Travel
* Hours of support:
o The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.