Search for more jobs
Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst
* Job: 21349-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
Working under the direction of the IT Quality Engineering Manager, will be responsible for providing technical support to the MathWorks data warehouse development team and MathWorks change management processes; overseeing the processes required to test ETL code, data, and reporting solutions; developing testing procedures, validating best practices, and ensuring that solutions are ready for deployment to MathWorks production systems; supporting the data warehouse team and MathWorks data providers to analyze business requirements and develop effective test plans; validating source systems and data through data profiling and analysis efforts using SQL; validating source to target mappings using a variety of tools, including Business Objects Data Services/BODI; designing and developing test plans to validate MathWorks data warehouse processes; conducting thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced; and developing ETL workflows using complex transformations to capture bugs in data and automate the overall quality control process.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree or higher (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology and no experience.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology and five (5) years of experience in job offered or five (5) years of experience in data warehouse development and database modeling.
* Demonstrated expertise performing data profiling; designing and implementing logical and physical data models, including star schema design and ER models, using SQL on MSSQL, MySQL or Oracle databases; and writing SQL scripts or building ETL jobs to identify and correct bugs.
* Demonstrated expertise writing complex stored procedures and SQL query scripts on MSSQL, MySQL, or Oracle databases to extract, manipulate, and load data.
* Demonstrated expertise designing ETL solutions using SAP or Informatica; performing custom coded ETL programming using SQL; and performing performance optimization of ETL solutions using SAP or Informatica.
* Demonstrated expertise designing data visualizations -- reports and dashboards -- using OBIEE or SAP Business Objects.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.