At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Job DescriptionMSK is looking for candidates who are passionate about data and excited to help create a world class oncology data infrastructure in support of MSK's mission to control and cure cancer. The right individual will have a deep understanding of large scale Data Warehousing environments and the ability to apply this knowledge to implement and solve diverse data-centric healthcare use cases. Job DescriptionThe Enterprise Data Group is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer experienced in data warehousing development. The candidate will support DataStage ETL development, data analysis and querying utilizing SQL, and be able to work with data governance tools to integrate ontologies into a robust enterprise data architecture. This candidate will apply Agile software development methodologies to facilitate project developments. You Will:
* Collectreq uirements; analyze the raw data; participate in creation of the logical design; work with DBAs on the physical design, code of the ETL processes.
* System testing, participation in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and implementation of the process.
* Adhere to the project development lifecycle methodology and for every development projectproduce necessary documentation that will include plans, diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.
* Participate in off hours production support on revolving basis.
* Respond to scheduled and ad hoc requests for off hours resolution of production problems.
* BS or BA degree in Computer Information Science or related field.
* One or more years working full time in an organization supporting data warehousing environment
* Strong working knowledge of SQL, working knowledge of DataStage ETL tool with an ability to deliver efficient, reliable and error-free code, some exposure to database design - both relational (3rd form) and star schema, some exposure to UNIX (AIX),strong ability to interrogate and analyze data, knowledge of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project)
* Strong working knowledge of Data Governance products (Informatica or IBM) and integration of Data Governance with ETL tools is required
* Working experience with healthcare applications is preferred
* Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
* Exposure to Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum would be valuable
* Very good written and verbal communication skills, ability to plan and follow established plans, ability to follow established guidelines and policies.
* While the position is 9 to 5, it will require periodic and ad hoc off hours support including weekends and holidays.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.