Vince Holding Corp.
Established in 2002, Vince is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating elevated yet understated pieces for every day. The collections are inspired by the brand's California origins and embody a feeling of warm and effortless style. Vince designs uncomplicated yet refined pieces that approach dressing with a sense of ease.
Known for its range of luxury products, Vince offers women's and men's ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, and home for a global lifestyle. Vince products are sold in prestige locations worldwide. The Company operates 46 full-price retail stores, 14 outlet stores and its e-commerce site, vince.com. The Company is headquartered in New York and operates a design studio in Los Angeles.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to "give-back", and competitive pay and benefits.
The Data Warehouse Architect is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the reporting capabilities for Vince's various functional communities. The role is responsible for architecting and supporting the technical reporting environment and architecture and working with BA's and functional teams to develop standard reports which provide insight and enhance decision making.
The Data Warehouse Architect reports directly to CIO
* Lead design and implementation of Vince's Enterprise Data Warehouse, coordinating efforts of business partners, IT peers and external technical resources to design, develop and implement a comprehensive data schema and technical architecture for the Data Warehouse
* Provide end to end technical design services and support for Vince's Business Intelligence infrastructure, including Microsoft SQL, SSRS & SSIS, & Power BI platforms
* Create data integration (ETL) strategies for data flows between source/target systems and the Enterprise Data Warehouse
* Create ODBC connections to databases and DB instances in Power BI Desktop
* Create and modify Power BI schema objects (such as Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Transformations, etc) and application objects (such as Reports, Metrics, Filters, Selectors, Consolidations, and Custom Groups) using Power BI
* Create dynamic dashboards to provide live business insights
* Provide tools and training to increase the level of independence for functional users to build and consume ad hoc analyses
* Develop and maintain delivery mechanisms to ensure that routine reports are delivered to consumers in an accurate and timely manner
* Assess the current reporting architecture to determine which reports should be delivered through data cubes and queries vs the data warehouse. Develop and execute projects to move analytics to the optimal platform
* Ensure the accuracy of data used for reporting, and the availability and timeliness of reporting
* Work with external entities to understand external data sources and how to inject them into the Vince analytics platforms
* Develop and implement strategies to maintain a cost effective and stabile reporting architecture
* Must drive innovations by keeping current on emerging technology and data trends. Research, present and articulate benefits of technologies, such as Power BI, MSBI Suite, SSIS and Azure Data Factory
* A degree in IT/ Computer Science, Advanced Degree desirable
* Extensive knowledge of programming languages (C, JAVA, Visual Basic, SQL), and development methodologies (UML, Agile, Waterfall, RUP)
* Strong understanding of Data Warehouse architecture and design strategies
* Extensive SQL & Power BI experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX data models
* Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
* 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing business reporting solutions
* Expert understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle, as applied to areas of problem solving, functional analysis/design, requirements elicitation and documentation, estimating, and planning
* In depth knowledge and understanding of the integration between IT systems and business concepts, processes and activities
* Strong analytical skills for use in designing data models, troubleshooting data errors and anomalies, and determining how best to meet data requirements for various analyses
* Sense of urgency and commitment regarding business requests and commitments
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion
* Strong ability to collaborate with others
* Demonstrated project management expertise
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince strives to maintain a diverse workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Vince is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/
About Vince Holding Corp.
Vince Holding Corp. engages in the design, merchandise, and sale of various luxury brand products.