Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
MUFG Americas is transforming into a more agile company powered by resilient, flexible technology to enhance:
Client experience. Deliver a competitive and differentiated experience for our clients. Customer needs and expectations are increasing. What is differentiated today will simply be competitive tomorrow.
Business agility. Enabling our businesses to move fast through an agile working model. The pace of change is increasing and becoming an agile organization is a competitive necessity for us.
Collaboration. Create a modern and collaborative workplace for our colleagues. Technologies will allow us to partner more effectively in real time. We will change our behavior to become speedier, simpler, and more transparent.
Compliance. Ensure that compliance, risk management, and privacy are built into all that we do.
Growth. Provide a growth-oriented and efficient enterprise so we can deliver on our strategic goals and meet the expectations of our shareholders.
All MUFG colleagues have a hand in transforming our business. This transformative effort will re-shape the MUFG experience; enabling us to better meet and exceed our clients' expectations. It starts with each of us working individually to the best of our abilities and all of us collaborating as One MUFG.
Reporting to the Data Transformation Program Manager, this position will provide program and project management services for initiatives data transformation. This role will be responsible for planning, developing, managing and implementing projects or initiatives to accomplish goals and business objectives.
* Supports Data Transformation Program Manager with project management of strategic and tactical initiatives:
* Manage multiple business projects, including project plan development, coordination of project deliverables, testing and implementation
* Manage the tracking, communication and resolution of business or project issues, mitigate risks
Assist the Program Manager in:
* Ongoing intake and prioritization of the project portfolio, including scoping, resource planning and supporting project / portfolio governance as needed
* Collecting and collating information, assessing and reporting on the execution of standalone and complex, cross-functional projects including issue management, escalation, management communications, KPI tracking and reporting
* Develop and deliver management and project-related presentations as needed
* Liaise with other groups (e.g. IT, CDO, Risk, Operations, Legal, etc.) for project coordination and reporting
* Administer program/project governance requirements
* Identify process improvement and lessons learned to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program management
* A BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or PM certification with equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of experience as a project manager or comparable experience
* Knowledge of Finance/Risk and Bank core systems
* Experience with complex organizational structures
* Banking industry experience and knowledge of banking organization, operations and technology a plus
* MBA, CPA, PMP/CAPM and/or Six Sigma/LEAN certification a plus
* Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience a plus
* Strong presentation skills; ability to present to large groups
* Ability to lead meetings
* Experienced in using MS Office ® products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.