Do you love solving technical issues relating to Information Assurance system hardening?
Are you highly skilled in communication regarding unclassified and classified information?
Are you passionate about Information Systems Security Management?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a dedicated Data Transfer Agent to help us protect APL's information technology infrastructure. As a member of our team, you'll contribute to IS Security Management and oversight of our Highly Classified information systems in support of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join an impressive team of technical specialists who are motivated by one common goal. We are passionate about supporting our Program needs. You'll be an active contributor to the safeguarding of all APL's Sponsor network systems.
As a Data Transfer Agent...
* Your primary responsibility will be perform and analyze weekly security audits and log reviews for nonstandard events of classified information systems
* Serve as a communication liaison for program transfers of unclassified and classified communications.
* You will maintain classified records, monitor events, and perform daily security reviews.
* You will perform the transfer of data, reports, and correspondence between information systems in support of team member activities
* You will meet program deliverables and milestones
* You will develop expertise in the information transfer process, providing timely and accurate responses to transfer requests
* You will directly support the Program and Project Manager in assistant the sponsor to achieve their mission objectives
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Proven maturity in handling sensitive personnel and programmatic information.
* Possess initiative and persistent in pursuing administrative needs, meeting quick turnaround demands, and resolving problems.
* Have 2 years of experience working in a technology support role with a security area, information assurance field, or a related field
* Have practical experience with computer operating systems, hardware, and software.
* Validated knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or working in classified informational system.
* Understanding of security auditing principles and application
* Current DoD 8570 certification (Security , CISA), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required
* Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have worked or directly supported the Department of Defense or other U.S, government entities desired
* Are familiar with Windows 10 administration
* Working familiarity with JSIG, NISPOM, and or Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.