Synthego is transforming scientists into designers with the first fully automated molecular biology lab. As orders progress from purchase, to guide design, and through our automated labs, we generate new data at every step. Teams across our entire organization leverage these rich datasets to make informed business and product decisions, which hinges on our teams' abilities to easily access our data.
Synthego is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Core Software team to help us build robust, scalable infrastructure to enable unified access to our biochemical, manufacturing, and commercial data across the company.
What You'll Do
* Design, build, deploy, and maintain production-stable ETL data pipelines
* Conform data from multiple sources, including sales, marketing, and laboratory data, to enable cross-cutting analyses
* Create repositories of unstructured data for advanced users (analysts, data scientists) and also curated, structured database tables for use with BI tools
* Collaborate with multiple teams, including Operations, Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure easy, rapid, and accurate data access across the entire company
* 1+ year writing clean, production quality Python and SQL
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 1 year experience with AWS or similar cloud computing service
* Passion for working with business users to develop analytics tools in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
* Strong intuitive data analysis sensibilities - you strive to turn data into relevant actionable information.
* You are eager to solve unique e-commerce problems in the biotech space.
Nice to Haves
* Understanding of OLAP database schema and data lake infrastructure design
* Experience with Python SQL ORMs (SQLAlchemy, Django, etc.)
* Prior industry experience building robust, custom ETL pipelines in package such as Airflow
* Experience with 3rd-party data integrations (e.g., NetSuite, Hubspot, Salesforce).
* Background in biotech, biology, or chemistry
Synthego's vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.