Role Summary:The Data Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of software packages used for data acquisition, selection of related computer hardware, deployment, cyber-security initiatives and support of data acquisition systems used in gas-turbine engine test cells. In this role you will be part of the Test Systems Engineering Team.
* Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the development of engine test data acquisition software and acquisition of related hardware assets
* Develop and code of software infrastructure capable of executing thermodynamic performance rating of gas-turbine engines, rotor balance, engineering calculations and integrating information from multiple networked data sources
* Ensure cyber-security of networked and un-networked test cell data systems, predict and proactively mitigate cyber threats
* Develop and implement cybersecurity strategies and ensure compliance with cybersecurity regulations from external customers and regulatory bodies
* Drive LEAN and Digital initiatives to automate data reduction processes for data customers and test operators, increase situational awareness for test monitors and streamline production and development tests
* Remain current on modern industry data acquisition techniques, hardware, software, programming languages and best-practices
* Take part in knowledge-sharing and mentoring initiatives with other Test Systems Engineering stakeholders
* Document best practices and required user guides for data acquisition tools and ensure configuration control of data systems software and hardware
* Collaborate with internal customers on test-unique data deliverable requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
* Experience in various programming languages such as Python,
C++, and Fortran
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GEâs mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Lynn;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.