Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
The Data Systems Manager will be the process leader for all Document Control and Data Management activities for the entire Engineering department, across all sites. This position will lead the Document Control and Data Management team, which is a part of the Engineering Services department. The Data Systems Manager will work closely with Design Compliance, Technical Expert and the CAD Design teams.
The Design Systems Manager is responsible to ensure robust, reliable tools for document release are provided to the engineering teams which meet budget, schedule and internal requirements and goals. This leadership position will be responsible for participating in and leading improvement activities at a group and/or company level, as well as defining and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department.
The Data Systems Manager will champion Continuous Improvement regarding Document Control and Data Management and all associated processes. He/she will promote technical excellence within the department when designing or improving the tools used for Data Management and Document Control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Creates and maintains company Engineering processes, standards and procedures that govern product design data content (including 3D CAD and drawing standards) which meet pertinent ASME, FAA/EASA, AS9100 and customer Digital Product Definition standards.
* Creates and maintains company standards and procedures that govern Product Lifecycle Management operations (including data integrity, organization, configuration control and workflow) in collaboration with Engineering department management and in accordance with company design process needs and pertinent ASME, FAA/EASA, AS9100 and customer Digital Product Definition standards.
* Responsible for Engineering Document Control and Data Management, including SmarTeam and other applicable tools. Creates processes and procedures to prevent, detect and remedy corrupt engineering data within the PLM database.
* Researches, selects and deploys integrated PLM and CAD tools in accordance with subject standards and Zodiac policy in collaboration with IT department. Promotes optimal use of PLM tools.
* Plans and budgets all appropriate engineering software tools and computer hardware in conjunction with other site managers, Process Management and IT Dept.
* Establishes and conducts training programs for subject standards, procedures and tools. Creates training manuals and materials.
* Establishes checking procedures for subject standards, procedures and tools. Conducts training programs for subject standards.
* Ensures associated activities are conducted in a safe manner.
* Stays current with associated industry developments and practices.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Solid understanding of aerospace product design data standards, including ASME Y14 (with emphasis on general drawing standards, GD&T and digital definition), FAA/EASA, AS9100 and Boeing DPD standards.
* Close familiarity with company products and internal engineering development process needs, plus some familiarity with other company departments' procedures (Operations, Finance, IT, Quality).
* Solid understanding of standard PLM operations, tools and practices, including data vaulting and configuration control, approvals, CAD management, release and associated workflow procedures.
* Broad familiarity with engineering design and manufacturing practices.
* Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, verbal and written communication, training, collaboration and organization.
* Demonstrated skill in solving complex technical problems with strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure.
* Solid general knowledge of 3D CAD solid modeling software, best practices and neutral exchange formats.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience -
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering from a recognized institution.
* Desired is a Master of Science in Engineering, Business Administration, or a Physical Science.
* A minimum of 10 years professional experience in the design and development of aerospace equipment.
Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to move around the office.
Work Environment - The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Travel - Travel may be up to 15% depending on program assignment
About Zodiac Aerospace
Zodiac Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures, and markets aerospace equipment and systems.