HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Data/Systems Business Analyst II who functions as the liaison between the Developer and internal/external clients reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and documenting the technical component of data or systems business requirements for data/systems enhancements or new client implementations. Typically, manages a small implementation or a phase(s) of a larger implementation of moderate complexity.
* Reviews, analyzes and evaluates data/systems business requirements for existing and new development.
* Documents technical and business specifications and functional needs and modifies existing requirements.
* Leads the data analysis and profile efforts for new client implementations and system enhancements.
* Facilitates technical meetings with IT and business project team.
* Provides data mappings, user interface specifications, processing logic as per business requirements to the Developer.
* Communicates with clients, developers and other team members.
* Tests development efforts and assists clients in user acceptance testing.
* Creates and maintains a project plan, documents meeting notes and distributes to team.
* Provides regular status reports to clients, developers, and management as needed.
* Provides mentorship and guidance to junior Analysts on the team as needed.
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to drive project timelines to completion with a cross-functional team.
* Must be familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, fluently in English.
* Ability to develop professional relationships.
* Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
* Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
* Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel. Required experience in Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SQL, and Visio.
* Familiarity with TSO, File-Aid, and reviewing Flat files.
* Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to work independently as a member of various teams and committees.
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
* Knowledge and/or certifications in software development methodologies such as Scrum is desired, but not required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 3 years related work experience, industry experience preferred
* Strong SQL knowledge and working knowledge of relational database systems preferred
* Exposure and/or familiarity with various IT platforms and languages such as Informatica Power center, Java, DB2
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
"EOE including disability/veteran"