Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Do you want to leverage your creative and technical skills in a business environment? Do you have an eye for design? Want to be part of an innovative culture? Are you looking for a position with potential for growth and advancement? If any of these apply to you - come join our team!
As a Business Intelligence analyst and developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining business intelligence solutions to support key strategic and operational initiatives within Liberty Mutual's Personal Lines Distribution & Service Insights organization. This position will require working collaboratively with technical teams and business stakeholders to ensure end-user needs for business intelligence solutions are met.
This is a range posting, meaning we can hire someone as either a Data Solutions Analyst or a Sr. Data Solutions Analyst depending on skills and experience. The position can be located either remotely OR at one of our hub locations in Seattle, WA and Boston, MA.
* Develop and maintain solutions that leverage Best-in-Class intelligence design capabilities
* Assists in the design and development data solutions that enable effective self-service data consumption, and can describe their value to the customer.
* Improve accessibility to data via data aggregation, effective visualization and navigation improvements
* Develop re-usable tools and assets to support automation, reporting and analytics initiatives
* Produce accurate, consistent and timely visualizations by extracting information from various applications and systems, manipulating data and leveraging business intelligence tools to develop user-friendly outputs
* Effectively source data into business intelligence tools to enable visualizations
* Automate existing reporting and establish business intelligence best practices
* Establish detailed documentation for all visualizations and technical solutions
* Identify reporting and data processes that are inefficient and drive change that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and processing time
* Work in partnership with other groups to develop automated visualizations in the most effective medium
* Provide appropriate communication to stakeholders, including providing customer support for existing tools (ex: issues, questions, enhancements)
* Conduct infrastructure design work efforts using a variety of analytical tools
* Assists in the maintenance of proof-of-concepts and prototype solutions, and assists in any assessment of their viability and scalability, with partnership from IT. Working with IT, assists in building robust systems focusing on long-term and ongoing maintenance and support.
* Applies a basic knowledge of the principles of metadata, lineage, business definitions, compliance, and data security to project work.
* Participate in special projects as required
* 1-2 years experience in coding for data management, data warehousing, or other data environments, including, but not limited to, working in NoSQL implementation, ETL, Java, scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell), and the Hadoop stack.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
* Master`s in same or related disciplines strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of data architecture concepts, querying and data sourcing. Knowledge of SAS, MicroStrategy or similar database tools preferred
* 1 years programming experience in at least 1 of the following: Java, Python, C or similar language preferred
* Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig preferred. Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly. Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization and work both as a member of an Agile team and independently as required
* Effective analytical/problem solving and research skills
* Ability to manage tasks/projects with aggressive deadlines/time-sensitivity
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.