The Blackstone Group
GSO - Data Software Engineer, Assistant Vice President
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $457 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
GSO Capital Partners LP is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $131 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged-finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
Assistant Vice President
The GSO Technology Team is currently seeking a talented candidate for the role of a Data Software Engineer. The role requires excellent technical skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, an aptitude to work independently or with a group, an ability to work within a fast paced environment, and high personal standards for quality work. Developers work within the IT department developing and implementing technologies for in-house applications using cutting edge code to create value for our business.
* SQL Server database development and administration
* Report design using Tableau and SSRS
* Maintain and Support green field and legacy systems
GSO seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
* 6+ years of proven development experience
* Education in engineering, mathematics, or computer science related field
* Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies, skills and grow competencies
* Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
* Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
* Analytical and reasoning minded that result in clear technical execution
* Experience with SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, NoSQL or other database technology
* Experience with relational database systems and Business Intelligence
* Experience with ETL design and data processing
* Experience developing complex queries, stored procedures, user defined functions and performance tuning
* Experience with Tableau development and administration
* Experience with SSRS development and administration
* Experience with SSIS
* Experience with Power BI
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and DAX
* Experience with data warehouse design and usage
* Experience with software quality, testing procedures and build automation tools
* Knowledge of Fixed Income is a big plus
* Experience with Python, F#, C#, R, Scala, Java
* Experience with Azure Data Factory
* Experience with PowerShell scripting
* Experience with Azure Automation
* Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
* Experience with Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
* Experience with Predictive analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About The Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm.