Since 1964, Teledyne Controls has been working closely with civil and military aircraft operators worldwide. The company counts over 300 airlines among its valued clients, including the world's major carriers. We also works directly with the aircraft manufacturers, supplying products to the major OEMs, such as Airbus and Boeing. Fundamental to our success are our core values which includes dedication to every employee and client's success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships!
Our adaptable suite of products include Data Acquisition & Management Systems, Wireless Data Transfer Systems, Flight Data Analysis & Investigation Solutions, Data Loading Solutions, Aircraft Network Systems, Aircraft Manufacturer and Supplier. Combined together, these products provide comprehensive data management solutions that leverage aircraft data intelligence and create value for our customers.
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization? Teledyne Controls is EveryWhereYouLook! and looking for the best available talent to support our growth.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Data Services Engineer will be responsible for development, deployment, and maintenance of Teledyne's cloud based Flight Data Service platforms. The successful candidate will have previous knowledge of programming Teledyne's AirFASE Flight Analysis Profiles and ACMS, and the ability to become proficient on the different products used by Teledyne Controls to provide Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Support deployment, integration and maintenance of Controls' software products within clients' networking environments.
* Program simple applications (ACMS, AirFASE) using Teledyne Controls tools.
* Support all in-service issues with deployed systems.
* Work with tools such as SQL, Tableau, MatLab, etc. to extract meaningful information.
* Resolve challenging, potentially high impact customer situations with a high level of tact and understanding.
* Understand customer needs and identify possible new services opportunities.
* Share best practices with fellow team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of the services deployment and support process.
* Create reports using data provided by our Services Customers and analyzed by our software platforms.
* Effectively interact with the engineering teams to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
* Must be able to travel domestically and internationally to customer locations.
Education and/or Experience
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aeronautical or other related Engineering discipline;
* Minimum of to five (5) years of experience with custom software applications and data analysis.
* Basic understanding of aviation and/or avionics system is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office application tools: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables).
* Experience working with Tableau or any other Data Analysis/Visualization software is highly desired.
* Programming skills are highly desired. Experience working with SQL databases software highly preferred.
* Solid understanding of Tableau strongly preferred.
* Knowledgeable experience in C++, web applications, HTML JQuery, CSS is a plus.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Controls requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
Citizenship RequirementsDue to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a "U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees). Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.