As a data scientist, your research is at the heart of our mission. You will explore key business and product questions, communicate insights, and drive cutting-edge research. Using a variety of data mining and analysis methods, you will build and implement models to create algorithms, run simulations, and test your results. We are looking for a statistically-minded individual who has the coding skills to independently work with data and interpret research outcomes to determine company strategy. A close collaboration with business partners (including product, engineering, marketing, and sales) will enable you to implement data-driven initiatives.
What You'll Do:
* Research core business and product questions, using both internal and external data sets
* Apply advanced statistical techniques to measure efficacy of various product, marketing, and patient outreach efforts
* Communicate insights to business owners
* Support data-driven decision making/AB tests (experiment design, analysis, reporting) for execs, business owners, product managers, engineers, etc.
* Evangelize data usage and logging (understand data provenance and work to maintain/improve data integrity)
* Promote the adoption of best-practices in data processing tools/techniques
* 4+ years of experience performing data analysis; or 2+ years of experience performing data analysis and a Master's degree/PhD in statistics, math, physical sciences, or another quantitative discipline, economics, quantitative social sciences, political science
* Expertise working with SQL, a scripting language (Python, Scala, and/or R), and distributed computing (Spark)
* Advanced understanding of statistics, working knowledge of complex experimental design, causal and descriptive modeling
* Experience using common machine learning techniques
* Experience working with business partners to coordinate research objectives, manage a research plan, and present results
* Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
ZocDoc operates an online platform for finding and booking medical appointments in neighborhood.