Position Description & Responsibilities
Vanda is seeking a Data Scientist who will primarily be responsible for developing analytical models and providing data driven insights.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
* Improve business/scientific decisions across both a broad range of Key Performance Indicators and functions
* Supports multiple, high impact data research and analysis projects
* Leverage data / big data to discover patterns and solve strategic analytic business problems using both structured and unstructured data sets across many environments
* Develop analytic capabilities that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
* Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, management science, engineering, operations research, statistics, or related (Master's degree required, MD or PhD preferred)
* 2+ years' experience in data science, advanced analytics, and model building
* Experience with statistical analysis methods
* Excellent visualization experience utilizing either Spotfire/Tableau/Clickview and/or custom built solutions
* Experience with big data manipulation and analysis using varying frameworks/tools: SQL, Python, R, SAS
* Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
* Experience driving large analytic projects and programs to completion
* Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining, Bayesian inference, and optimization techniques
* Good organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment, and a desire to improve skills are essential
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: I6012
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
About Vanda Pharmaceuticals
Vanda Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders.