Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We're looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren't afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Riot's Data developers build tools to understand and delight our global audience of millions of players using petabytes of data and state of the art data processing technology. Handling the potential these data offer is a tremendous and complex task, and that's where you come in.
As we continue to deliver and scale content to passionate gamers, our discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on crafting, growing data products that support our growth. Whether you are a Data Scientist modeling game systems, a Data Engineer bringing scale and efficiency to systems, or a Data Architect organizing data in ways that make data products more dependable, we need you to help push forward our "Player Experience First" aspirations.
Riot Data Scientists combine their wide technical expertise across data processing, automation, machine learning ("ML"), artificial intelligence ("AI"), and experimental design to inform decisions and develop data-powered products.
You will sit with the User Acquisition Team under World Wide Publishing, which is the central publishing arm of Riot. The team collaborates on multi-functional projects that range from different types of publishing and user acquisition efforts to data mart/pipeline and infrastructure. In a world of high volume and complexity, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players, improve our strategy, and refine in-game features.
* Design and implement data science systems (ML, AI, optimization, and statistics)
* Pair with data engineers to design deployments and pipelines
* Participate in peer review, paper reading, and tech prototyping
* Identify new product opportunities and collaboratively develop them with partners
* Represent data products to non-technical partners and collaborators
* Develop statistical models to guide measurement and optimizations
* Pilot new methods to measure brand new types of marketing efforts
* Design and own marketing experiments in partnership with our Media team
* Provide a data-driven point-of-view to balance our team intuition
* Collaborate with the game team to define data to be collected from the game for analysis
* Analyze key performance indicators such as retention, lifetime value, player acquisition and virtual economy balance
* Define the data acquisition of A/B tests and analysis of the gathered A/B test data to estimate the effect on important metrics and provide recommendations
* Develop models for predicting player behavior
* Answer in-depth analytics questions from the team and create reports of the results
* Identify and report actionable insights to internal stakeholders, suggest recommendations and guide the direction of the business
* An MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or related field
* 2+ years data science industry experience
* 1+ years experience closely collaborating with data engineers
* 1+ years ML and statistical models
* Proficiency in Python and SQL
* Hands-on experience with petabyte-processing-capable technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
* Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
* Open paid time off
* Retirement benefits with company matching
* Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
* Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
* We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Perform.
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.