At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Rides DS team is at the center of Uber's business, where riders and drivers come together at an extraordinary scale. Data Scientists on Rides DS combine clear product vision, deep technical skills and rigorous data analysis to develop data products, models and algorithms to power user experience and guide product development and strategy through research and insights.
Uber Pro DS team is part of Rides DS, based in San Francisco. As a Data Scientist on Uber Pro, you will work closely with product, engineering, design, UXR, marketing, and other DS teams at Uber to build the one-of-a-kind loyalty program to reward our drivers for their commitment and service and help them build toward their future. Check us out in the news!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Develop robust models and algorithms to power differentiated driver earnings and experiences
* Research the effects of cognitive, emotional and cultural factors on drivers' behaviors and economic decisions
* Apply economics, optimization, simulation and machine learning techniques to solve incentives, dispatch, and other complex data problems, and optimize our program structure and reward offerings
* Design and analyze network level experiments to measure short-term and long-term effects of product/feature launches, and come up with actionable insights
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines including product, engineering, design, operations, and marketing
What You'll Need
* At least 2 years of working or research experience in a quantitative analysis role
* Ph.D. or Master's degree in Economics, Operation Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative fields. Econ and OR background preferred
* Ability to write code and contribute to a code base in Python or R
* Experience writing and understanding complex SQL; experience working with large datasets
* Experience in experimentation - A/B, sequential and multi-armed bandit, practical A/B testing experience preferred
* Good understanding of machine learning and statistical modeling
* Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.