As the nation's largest residential Solar/CleanTech company, Sunrun is on a mission to transform our energy system into the modern and sustainable grid of the future while making clean, renewable energy, accessible to all residential households.
To realize this vision, Sunrun is developing advanced technologies, products and services designed to reinvent the way people power their homes. We are actively hiring world-class talent in our Energy Services product team focused on expanding our platform to connect Sunrun, utilities and the consumer. You'll work alongside other passionate designers, engineers and product managers engaged in the design and development of a product that is making real positive impact on our world.
If you are passionate about energy analytics, optimization, and product development and are execution oriented and motivated by solving for one of the biggest and most critical challenges of our time, then we say bring it on…help us disrupt a 100 year old industry and partake in advancing Sunrun's mission of creating a planet run by the sun.
WHAT IS THE ROLE:
You will be a key member of the Product and Pricing team, working closely with the Products, Pricing, Energy Services, Design and Engineering teams to develop models and strategy pertaining to rate structures and tariffs. You will manage the ongoing analytics efforts that support our software platforms and design decisions to manage a large fleet of solar system equipment and in-home connected devices to enable compelling value proposition across Solar Energy, Home Energy Savings, Demand Response, and other Grid Services.
Day-to-day, you will work closely with a small team of analysts, program and product managers to:
* Expand the advanced analytics capabilities of our platforms
* Work with an interdisciplinary team to design, create, monitor, evaluate, and iterate on our analytics and data science platforms and pipelines
* Ensure communication of analysis is accurate, clear, and delivered consistently to stakeholders across the organization and promote data driven decision making
* Work cross-functionally with pricing, policy, grid services, operations, product management and business development teams to iterate on product and process improvements and inform business decisions and policy
* Stay up to date on changes to our industry and the competitive landscape
WHAT YOU HAVE TO ACHIEVE:
* Within your first month, you will dive into the work done to date on product control strategy, policy developments, tariff analysis and data architecture, asking critical questions and developing a point-of-view
* By the end of month two, you are creating definitions of analysis pipelines to scale business needs
* By the end of month three, you will have begun executing on core analysis functions and scaling analytical capabilities
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, or mathematics.
* Minimum 6 Years of professional experience in Data Science or related fields
* Demonstrated ability to develop and improve algorithms to solve critical business problems
* Strong analytical capabilities, problem solving mindset and programming experience
* Strong experience with Python and SQL
* Strong technical communication skills and ability to understand complex systems
* Self-motivated team player that learns quickly and is able to collaborate cross-functionally
* Graduate degree in engineering, science, or mathematics
* Familiarity with renewable energy, energy storage, electric power systems, building efficiency, energy policy, and electricity markets.
* Familiarity with machine learning and experience working with large data sets preferred
* Experience creating visualizations for executives, business development, and end product users and production code
* Experience with Git, API data collection, and building cloud-based pipelines for data processing
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.