Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by guiding business decisions through utilizing data analysis and consulting that results in predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships, and developing a quantitative return on investment. This position partners on a cross-functional team of data scientists, statisticians, and business analysts supporting strategic initiatives utilizing the latest in computing technologies and operating across customer transactions and data elements to unlock the opportunities to support our global business.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Extracts data from various databases; performs exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data
* Employs scaling & automation to data preparation techniques
* Determines analytics approach to solve business problems; incorporates machine learning algorithms or deep learning where appropriate
* Connects insights to business decision making options and next steps testing or research opportunities
* Understands business initiatives and serves as primary analytic resource in discussions with business partners to define business questions
* Drives creation of final insights package and recommendations; leads presentation
* Directs analytic component of implementation of insights into business processes and ensures appropriate testing takes place
* Develops project proposals, gains stakeholder buy-in, and ensures timelines are met
* Promotes and advocates value of advanced analytics to solve business problems within department
* Mentors data analysts in descriptive and predictive analytics
* Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary): MS with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline
* Skills (minimum skills required):
* Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
* Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Modeling & Machine Learning Techniques (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional techniques
* Advanced competency in inventory management a plus
* Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Data ETL (Teradata, Oracle, SQL, Python, Java, Ruby, Pig) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional languages
* Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Analytic Languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional languages
* Big data processing techniques, preferred
* Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills (minimum needed to be qualified): Minimum 3 Year's Experience
* Education (ideal education level or degree): PhD with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.