Starz is seeking a Data Scientist to support data-driven decision-making. The Data Scientist will have responsibility for analysis of consumer, content and product data, including the development of "data products" such as predictive models and segmentations. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with both large (e.g., event-level data warehouse tables) and small (e.g., marketing, research) data sets. The Data Scientist will have experience with a variety of data wrangling tools, modeling paradigms, optimization algorithms and simulation methodologies. Understanding how to use data science to support practical and actionable business insights is a must.
The position will report into the VP, Business Intelligence & Data Science and is based in New York, NY.
* Lead efforts to develop advanced predictive models to reduce marketing costs, increase customer LTV, understand content value and optimize content investment decisions
* Assess new data sources and data import processes for efficiency and accuracy
* Evaluate accuracy and precision of predictive models and optimization algorithms provided by other analysts or third-parties
* Develop A/B testing and experimental design (e.g., fractional factorial) paradigms for optimizing marketing effectiveness, content engagement and product experience
* Develop processes for monitoring model performance and data accuracy
* Establish departmental standards for data quality and KPI monitoring including sampling procedures and control charting (e.g., CUSUM or EWMA charts)
* Exceptional knowledge of machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., clustering, random forest, neural nets, boosting)
* Familiarity with star schema databases and SQL
* Solid foundation in statistics including probability density functions, regression and Null Hypothesis Significance Testing
* Proficient in (at least some of) Python, Snowflake, AWS/S3, SageMaker, R, Tableau, Alteryx and Microsoft Office
* Experience working with commonly-used third-party data such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Qualtrics, etc.
* Previous experience with media/entertainment and/or subscription businesses preferred but not required
* Minimum of 5 years' professional experience
* BA/BS and Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar from a top-tier university
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.