Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company's platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world's 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
You're ready to take the next step in your Data Science career - to a fast-moving, successful company building out their world class player matching system! You're passionate about data and finding patterns and insights that others often overlook. You're looking to have a big impact on a small team. You're oozing with curiosity and want to find new and novel ways to leverage your current skill set.
What You'll Do:
* Work on a platform level player matching system that impacts thousands of games and bottom line.
* Implement models for anomaly detection, online and offline.
* Building or adapting recommendation system and NLP use cases
* Evaluate model applications holistically, from design through development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance with best practices.
* Communicate and explain your findings to a larger business audience. Work with business analyst team to present findings.
* Real world data science problems and not busy data analytical work. Learn on the job, expect fast paced environment and support of follow data scientists
* Bachelor's Degree plus 1 years of experience in machine learning, relational databases, data analytics,
* Experience building and training predictive models
* Some programming experience (Python, R, Scala, Conda/Anaconda, Spark,or more)
* Basic understanding of optimization methodologies
* Good understanding of A/B testing methodologies
* Master's Degree in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics), or PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
* Prior experience in statistical algorithm design
* Experience analyzing user behavior
* Prior experience in gaming
* Prior experience in finance
* Prior experience in recommendation engine
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Skillz is a marketplace platform that helps players discover mobile games and compete against other players around the world.