At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Who is the Segmentation team?
Segmentation team at Uber is working on the latest targeting and insight generation techniques to find pockets of high performance in our data. We are building a brand new AI driven insights and targeting engine that aims to provide personalized experiences and recommendations for various products at Uber. Some examples of applications include product cross-sell, prospecting Ads targeting, marketing campaign and product personalization, to name a few. We're looking for experienced ML scientists who're comfortable working in cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and product professionals to address projects that sit at the intersection of infrastructure, data science, and our business operations.
What you'll do
* Analyze tonnes of data to quickly get insights
* Work on building state of the art models for targeting platform from ideation to production.
* Partner with Software Engineering and Product Management teams to create internal infrastructure and programs in a large scale.
* Communicate with product teams and leadership and turn hard and abstract into simple and approachable.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
* A graduate degree or equivalent in applied statistics, computer science or a quantitative domain
* 2+ years working experience delivering, scaling, and owning data science products
* Solid theoretical and practical knowledge in machine learning models
* Proficiency in big data technologies like Hadoop and Hive. Experience in Spark or Scala is a plus.
* Proficiency in Python or R for data manipulation, analysis, and modeling
* Great written and verbal communication skills to work in a collaborative environment
* Employees are given Uber credits every month.
* The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
* Smart, engaged co-workers.
* 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
* Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
* Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.