At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Rider Growth team at Uber is responsible for accelerating demand growth across 400+ cities worldwide. The Data Scientist - Rider Growth role will provide the data expertise as we drive towards enhancing growth and deepening engagement. In this position, you will offer a data-driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and marketing. You will be on the forefront of analysis and leverage our data sources to propose new ideas related to every area of our product, including quantifying the value of riders, exploring trends in user behavior, and optimizing features via experimentation. Our team's autonomy gives us the flexibility to focus on the highest-impact projects in this dynamic and challenging role as we bring increasing numbers of users onto the Uber platform.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
* Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive growth strategies, including product development and rider engagement strategies
* Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
* Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trendsBuild models to enhance understanding of user behavior and predict future performance of cohorts
* Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
* Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics
* Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
What you'll need
* Minimum 4 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role with emphasis on statisticsBA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
* Excellent SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python, R, or Excel to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
* Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
* Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions
* Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
* Superb communication and organization skills
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.