Partners Data Systems
Data Scientist, Research Informatics
Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to transform the lives of people with rare genetic, cardio-metabolic, hepatic infectious, and central nervous system diseases with unmet need. Our first medicine, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, has recently been approved by the FDA in the US for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. In addition, Alnylam has four investigational medicines in late-stage development. www.alnylam.com. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018- four years in a row!
We seek a talented and highly motivated Data Scientist to develop novel tools and algorithms to further the development of RNAi therapeutics. The sequence-based design of RNAi therapeutics provides novel computational challenges that demand innovative analytical approaches and an inventive mindset. We seek a highly skilled individual who will contribute scientific, technical, and leadership expertise to an interdisciplinary team of programmers and computational biologists looking to expand their success in bringing an entirely new class of medicines to patients with unmet medical needs. Applicants with experience in the application of mathematically intensive analyses in the sciences (e.g., physics, astronomy, genetics) are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Further develop an analytic and data visualization framework to better understand the interactions of RNA sequences with patterns of chemical modifications in order to better predict on- and off-target siRNA signatures as well as improved pharmacodynamics
* Provide leadership for ad-hoc data analysis, visualization and statistical support and expertise throughout the organization
* Commit to writing state-of-the-art code in a rigorously maintained repository
* Evaluate emerging computational methods and platforms
* Be an active voice in the Alnylam community and promote disease-target opportunities
* Apply data science to make Alnylam a scientific and commercial success
* Improve the lives of patients
* We prefer a PhD in a relevant field, but will actively consider all with substantial professional experience.
* Demonstration of success in developing and applying computational methods to real world scientific problems.
* Strong scientific understanding of statistics and applied mathematics.
* Significant (2 years) experience in RNA-Seq data analysis a plus, but not required
* Knowledge of RNA chemistry a plus.
* Experience with cloud-based computing a plus
* Mastery of programming and scripting languages and significant experience working in Unix is essential. As a group we code with Python, R, and C , use MySQL and MongoDB on the backend, provide web-based tools using Flask and Shiny frameworks, and use Git and Jira for code management and project management. Experience on these platforms a plus, but not necessary.
* The ability to confidently present clear, concise data analyses to a multidisciplinary audience is essential.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.