With our industry leading sales performance platform fueled by data science and predictive insights, Aviso is helping enterprises accelerate their sales, optimize their sales performance and exceed their revenue goals. With a proven track record of building high growth and highly successful technology companies, our team is completely focused on solving complex sales challenges and ensuring customer success.
We're looking for a data scientist with a passion for technology to help drive informed business decisions. You will enjoy working with top-notch people, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real value for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive understanding, growth, and success. This position to join our core Data Science team is located in our Menlo Park, CA office.
This is the job for you, if…
* You are looking to work with large datasets to find hidden patterns to predict critical business outcomes.
* Looking at, understanding and working with the minutest of differences in structural data excites you.
* You have the ability to connect the dots across seemingly disconnected domains to create actionable insights.
This is what you'll do...
* Run large-scale experiments to improve our existing systems' ability to learn from diverse sales datasets.
* Explore new data sources to add signal to existing models and develop models for new sales phenomena.
* Prototype innovative product features that leverage machine learning and data science to solve new business problems and deliver value to enterprise sales teams.
What we're really looking for...
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong quantitative background : Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics. Advanced degrees preferred.
* Hands-on coder with proficiency in Python and the scipy stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, etc).
* Experience with advanced data modeling, machine learning algorithms, and data science techniques, including the majority of the following topics: decision trees, ensemble methods, boosting, cross validation, model evaluation, feature extraction and selection, hyperparameter tuning, dimensionality reduction, forecasting, clustering, linear regression and GLM, and other similar topics.
* Strong command of discrete and continuous probability theory, statistical inference, and hypothesis testing in a mathematically rigorous setting.
* A great communicator - must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to varied audiences and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
* Experience with iPython Notebooks, PostgresDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Tableau a plus.
In case you were wondering…
If you're looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, valued and that's invested in your personal development and offers solid compensation packages, this is an opportunity for you.
About Aviso Inc
Aviso offers AI-driven forecasting and sales visibility platform.